Buy my tubes here

About Me

Search

Followers

Labels

Thursday 27 January 2011

Don't bite the hand(s) that feeds you.

I wrote this post on Monday and forgot to publish it.....so here it is now.

Monday! Oh how I love Mondays! The twins go to preschool in the morning so I get THREE WHOLE HOURS to myself. They are the only 3 hours that I get each week so they are sooo precious.  I almost always draw unless something goes horribly wrong (which actually happens horribly regularly in this house. 

This week is extra special because I also have a week off work, which means I also have 5 hours on Thursday and Friday to myself. Sheer, utter bliss. 

Not that I will be lanquishing about in my pyjamas. I can't remember the last time I was able or willing to do that. 

No, I will be dedicating this rare opportunity to finishing off my girls, Fortuna and Tyche, and sending them off with a couple of other existing pieces to the flash people. I am actually losing faith that they might be interested in representing me, but I will see it through none the less. 

So today I got some sketching done. Sketching is my nemesis. I dread it. I know - before anyone gives me a lecture - if I can't sketch I can't call myself an artist. I can sketch and I actually really enjoy it once I get going I just hate starting a sketch for some reason. Its that whole blank page thing. 

Well it was a case of having to today as I desperately needed to get Fortunas' hands sorted as she was looking decidedly crippled before. 


So I spent a pretty satisfying couple of hours with Katy Perry, Rihanna, my sketchbook and webcam. Although I had to play with the proportions quite a lot as I have been very unfairly dealt with the hands of a carpenter (short and stubby) not in the least ladylike or pin up appropriate.  

They are not great sketches by any standard and as you can tell a had a few false starts (and finishes for that matter) but they served the purpose of helping me get the perspective right and get my head around the general structure. But hands are a bitch to draw regardless.


0 comments: